Friday, August 19, 2011

alien poo

When I was growing up my best friend was one of those kids whos parents let him watch tv that was outof his age range (we were somewhere between 1st and 3rd grade). So  basically that meant whenever i went to his house I would come back terrified from seeing some nightmarish monster movie or gory crime murder show. Dunno where this is going, but we would play with alien and predator action figures all the time.
uugh rim light!
been thinking alot about exposure levels recently. What value range gets flattened out and what gets pumped out? I like these theatrical sortof lighting setups where the ambient filled shady areas tell the story, and the light stuff gets all blown out. Something about it strikes me as very modern and realistic I guess- we do live mostly in ambient/diffuse light here on earth don't we? Not to say other lighting/exposure situations are bad or nothin...I just like those types of scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment